968.net

Have a problem with the AC unit bolts either backing out or breaking off. It finally took out the threads on the AC unit which had to be replaced. Once the new unit was installed ($$$) all seemed to be fine but after about a week of operation the rear bolt again fell out. Either the unit is out of line with the pulley or the belt is not tight enough or the engine mounting bracket is out of line. Or maybe I just don't know how to fix the damn thing. We have had the unit to several others and they can't seem to make the bolts stay in.

A lazier light on the pulley indicates it is in line with the altanator and the main pulley but that may not be true. Running the car with out the belt the main pulley appears to be running straight and true.
I am tempted to sell the car at this point as it stays in the garage not on the road.

We could go with AC delete and forget the problem but it does get hot here in SC and the AC is needed. It is also a normal operation of the vehicle to have the AC unit installed and operating.

Any ideas on this problem.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man, this is a tough one. Are the bolts already partially stripped? I don't have that problem with mine. I hope you keep your 968!

RSS

Support Our Ad Partners

© 2021   Created by Ray Starbird.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service